Sunday, June 29, 2008

Surprise BBQ for Sage

Today we had a surprise BBQ for Sage that we had planned a few weeks back. Why a surprise? why not! There were a total of 8 13-14 year old boys hanging out today with one little 5 year old along for the ride. Sage was very surprised and everyone had a great time. They started off playing flag football, moved on to wiffle ball and when things got hot they had the slip and slide and some gold old water balloons! Sage is still grinning from all the fun!

It is hard to believe that Sage is 13 and heading to middle school! I also have to say that having 8 teenage boys at my house for the afternoon was an awakening experience. Everyone was well behaved - but it is just a completely different culture than what I am used to. It seems like a parrallel universe sometimes having 2 boys 7 1/2 years apart. I look at Ryan and wonder what he will be like at 13, I look at Sage and remember what he was like at 5. I was noticing the fairy Sage had made for me a year ago and I know that know even though he is still my wonderful boy - he will not be making me wool fairies anymore.








2 comments:

Anthony said...

That QB has a rifle for an arm too.

Best party ever!

RunninL8 said...

That slip and slide looks awesome!!! Makes me want to put in a REAL yard on this property!!!
How cool of you to throw a surprise party! I would love to do that for Dea but she's such a control freak when it comes to her B-days! Oh, well. There's always Lo!
I get freaked out looking at my 13 year old, thinking,"oh my god. Only 4 more years?!?!"
~sniff...