Thursday, June 12, 2008

End of the Year Homeschool Celebrations

The last couple of days have been busy going to homeschool summer picnics. I guess I really can not call it end of the year because many homeschoolers do not have a set beginning / end of the year for their schooling. I guess it would be more of a summer kick off ?

On Wed we met with a group that I have met on few occasions, but recently was able to join them for some trips to the park. They are all very nice families with nice kids. We met at a park near our house (gotta love that! there is rarely any homeschool happenings in Cheshire!)It is a park that we go to often and it has a pond for swimming. The kids had a great time. Although Ryan cut the bottom of his foot on a snail . It did not slow him down though because he did not even tell me until this morning!





Today we met our Homeschool - Co-Op friends for our "official end of co-op" picnic. Another great park! This one was in Simsbury about an hour away. I had never been there and it was just a great park. They were even having a free pond exploration with the naturalist that the kids were able to be apart of.

First we made tie-dyed t-shirts! We get to rinse it out tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait to see what it looks like.

A little bit of swimming !
Then off to meet the naturalist! check out Ryan's socks. gotta love his sense of style.
Off to the pond:


The kids discovered a dragon - fly larvae! I did not know they start out in the water.
This guy landed on Wendy's shirt and just hung out. Then he sat on Tonya's finger for awhile. It was pretty cool to get so close to him and see his wing pattern.

We have had such a nice time hanging out at various ponds with our friends!! What better way to start summer! Tomorrow we are off on a homeschool boat tour around the Thimble Islands ! I will post about that soon.

No comments: