Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We had a nice relaxing day. It started with Ryan and I taking a bike ride around the water resevoir and ended with a cook out and fireworks at our good friend Kim's house. We always have a great time hanging out with her and her family. Her husband made some awesome hamburgers - and I am not a fan of red meat, but these were yummy. The kids played and then we headed up to their barn to check out the chickens and goats.










It was milking time, so we were able to watch Kim milk the goat Layla. It was pretty exciting !

Tony even had fun and got into the action:



Then there was the excitment of the tractor. The kids each got a turn driving it. Sage drove everyone up to the barn and back.



The final event of the evening was sparklers and fireworks. I can't think of a better way to spend 4 th of July! (Well unless it is the beach with the grandparent's - that is for you Dad : )


1 comment:

RunninL8 said...

Yay! What a great day!
Hey, that's the CLEANEST Chicken coop I've ever seen!!! I should show the pic to my husband. Maybe he'll agree to getting some chickens!