Enjoy the pictures. We are going to check on them tomorrow to make sure the mama is returning. They look very healthy.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Baby Bunnies
Look at what our neighbors found under their porch! Actually their dog discovered them, fortunately he did not hurt them and they realized what he was doing and was able to get him away from the nest. Then the called us! YEAH, we rushed over to see the most adorable little baby bunnies ever. I have never in my life seen baby bunnies in a wild nest. We counted 7 cute little fuzzy guys. Looks like I will need to put that fence up on my garden pretty darn quick now. As cute as they are, they will be trying to eat my lettuce soon. Last year a bunny ate all my lettuce - left nothing for me!!! This year I am saving the crop.
Enjoy the pictures. We are going to check on them tomorrow to make sure the mama is returning. They look very healthy.



Enjoy the pictures. We are going to check on them tomorrow to make sure the mama is returning. They look very healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow...those bunnies are so cute!
Oh, my they are so precious!!!
Will the mother be "upset" to smell your scents on her babies? Or is that idea just a myth? My mother told me that when I was a kid, so I was wondering...
Or was it a lie to keep me from dinking with wild babies?!?!?!
We looked up some info on bunny nests after we found them and learned that the mommy bunny will not leave her babies if she smells a human.She actually leaves the nest during the day and comes in the mornign and at dusk to feed her babies. That way predators are less likely to find the nest. There are some animals that are like that but apparently not bunnies - your mom probably just didnot want you playing with the wild babies : ) You know how those moms are - saying things to keep those kids safe : )
How are they doing? You HAVE to post an update! I LOVE bunnies. But I think everyone on my list knows that already...LOL...I'd better watch out or I'll get my childhood nickname back...BUNNY...because I was obsessed with bunnies and drawing them and petting them and talking about them...Love, Kristie
oh my gosh, those are so tiny and cute! Thanks for sharing with us!
Post a Comment