Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tennis and Wood working

Sage and Ryan both had tennis class yesterday morning. Sage had started taking lessons in the spring and has really enjoyed it, so he wanted to do it again. In the spring there were only 4 kids age 13-14 - this time there are many more age 11-13. This is Ryan's first class that he has not taken with me. He has never had a desire to take a class if that meant I was not in it. That has changed and he went right out onto the court with no worries. I am very proud of him, he has become a very self-confident little boy. All these years of not pushing him and let him decide on his own when it is time to accomplish things has paid off. He took this class on his own terms and loves it.

With Sage's class there was no way I was able to get out onto the court and took his picture - oh man he would of been so mad at me. He is the one in the red shorts and green shirt. He is a pretty strong tennis player. After the lessons the three of us went to the tennis courts and played together. It was nice for Sage and I to be able to play. I do not have too many thing in common with my 13 year old son, so it was nice to be able to do this. We try to have a mommy/Sage day at least once a month where he and I spend some time together. Now we can play tennis.


WOODWORKING:
We were having dinner and somehow the idea of opening up our own doggy hotel came up. Well Ryan jumped up from the table and ran down to the basement. He came up with an armload of wood and said "lets start building our hotel". It is amazing to live with someone who has ideas and then runs off to put them in action. Of course there are times when as a mom I am exhausted by this. Everytime I say there is something to do (chores,take a bath) there is always something he has to do. Tonight when it was bath time he said he had to finish up in the office!! Anyway back to the wood. ...

Here is is hammering the pieces together. The hotel ended up being a plane - but just as cool.
These are the knobs in the front of the plane.
He told me what this was - but I forgot. Neat though
He is testing it out - so far so good.....
oh and yes he has red nail polish on his thumbs - don't ask.
Sage came out to help him paint it. I love it when they work together.
The finished plane - happy flying.

1 comment:

Pam and Anders said...

We have tennis courts across the street in that little park and racquets!! Could be fun. :)