Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Up in the clouds!

When Ryan turned 5 last October I told a traditional Waldorf Birthday story of how when before he was born he lived in the clouds and when he saw what a wonderful family we were, he came down to be a part of us. As we were ridding home from the park yesterday out of the blue he said " there is the cloud I lived on before I was born". I was surprised and we talked briefly about his cloud and I said that it looked rather cozy. He took a picture of it so he can remember his cloud. At the time I told the story he did not want to turn 5 and I did not mention anything else about his birthday until he was ready to be 5. Even after he was ready, we still did not talk about crossing the rainbow bridge or his birthday story. Apparently it has a bigger impact on him than I thought.

1 comment:

Kristie Karima Burns, MH, ND said...

That is so sweet Julie...I love when kids pick up on things like that! I love your BLOG :) - Kristie