Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Solstice celebrations

I am writing this quickly as we are heading out for Florida in an hour. We were supposed to leave tomorrow but the weather will be nasty, so this afternoon is our window of opportunity. SO - a frenzy packing leaving the house a mess and we will be off.

We origionally planned a community spiral with 10 kids and then a second one a few days later at my friends house - but weather has cancel'd both. We decided to have a family spiral. Our good friends the Cosar's over at Frog Creek came over and we had a small yet nice spiral together. I also had a short little puupet show to go with it. Kim should have more pics soon.







Last night we celebrated the last light of advent as well as the Winter Solstice. I told a vey cute story from Rebecca Fairie(I will post link when we get to Florida) . It was short and simple, but so nice and just right for the mood of the evening. Sitting in the sunroom/playroom with the snow falling around us.
This morning we had our Winter Solstice gift exchange. The idea is to handmake things for each other. We always spend Christmas in Florida , so this is just a small family gathering - a breather before we head down south.


Before breakfast Ryan deiced to take a nice run out in the snow. He stayed out there longer than I thought he would.
Our new tradition will be cinnamon rolls on Solstice morning. Yumm and so simple, quick and easy (the secret, no yeast so they cook quickly, no waiting for the dough to rise)
Our breakfast spiral
I only had a chance to post the gifts I made for the kids. When I get back I will post all the handmade goodies.

This is a needle felted eagle wall hanging inspired by a lady from Etsy. I hope she does not mind I made one for my older son who loves Eagles.

I made Ryan little red ridding hood and the wolf ( I will make grandma and the woodsman when we get back).
The trees were a coolective effort by myself and our very good and talented friends Steph and her husband. She drew the trees, he cut them out and sanded them, I painted them. THey are absolutly wonderful!! Thank you Steph and Nick. (These trees would be great in your shop!!)



HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY EVERYONE!!!!

No comments: