Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday crafts

On Thursday Ryan and I headed over to a friends house for some holiday crafting. It was such a rainy,yucky day it was good to get out of the house and play with some kids. I was invited to be a part of this group starting in Jan for a Waldorf 1st grade co-op. 1st grade is new to me as I am still in a K to 1st grade transition with Ryan so I am looking forward to learning all I can from these other more experienced mama's.

The kids worked on a couple of crafts. They painted pinecones red that next week they will magically turn into beautiful cardinals. I can't wait to see how they turn out.


They rolled candles and decorated them. Ryan's is the blue one with yellow decorations. Beeswax is so soothing to work with and it smells yummy!

Of course free play! After awhile things got a little nutty for Ryan so he brought their barn and horses out to the living room and played by himself for awhile.
Snack time!! Ryan and I brought the dough for rolls and they were yummy.

A great way to spend a rainy afternoon!

No comments: