Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Playgroup!

Playgroup time again! Today we had just about everyone here and it was a full house - 10 kids. A lot of fun though. We are transitioning into a co-op which will be great not only for me : )(not so much work) but for everyone. Today was our last meeting until mid Jan! Hard to believe, but I know we will all be so busy with the holidays it will fly by.

We start our day with free play:


Hanging up the silks! Everyone played great til a few of the boys decided to become cougars and dump the kitchen stuff out and sit on top of the kitchen - boys! We told them all cougars must live outside they are too wild to be indoors.
Here a few of the kids wanted to pose for a picture. It turned out great , well except for my ugly living room. I will have to get Tony to photo shop a better background around them.
On to craft. We made blue window stars.

The finished product. Great for the winter season.

Lunch with friends. Most definetely a full table - I love that! From snack the kids had more free play, cause that is what a kid does! Then cleanup, circle and story. We have been telling the story of the gingerbread man and today we held an imprompto puppet show to go with the story. As exhausting as it can be - it is well worth it. An the clean up was not too bad - many hands make light work!


Last Playgroup. I forgot to post these pics from our last playgroup:


Our craft was candle making and decorating pine bases. Steph's husband came to the rescue when I discovered the birch log I had for this activity had huge black marks inside the bark when I cut the bases. Not only did he cut some for us, but he drilled a hole too! Thanks Guys!
Lu

No comments: