Monday, December 22, 2008

We made it to Florida

We arrived last night about 6:30 after a 2 day drive. It actually went very well. I am glad we decided to leave Sat , the roads were clear and not a lot of traffic. After deciding on Sat am that we needed to leave that afternoon to beat the weather we actually packed 4 people and a dog, plus shoveled out the car and left within 4 hours! A record I think. My secret - let the kids pack their own bags. I still do not know if Ryan really brought under wear and sock or not , when I checked on his packing he did make sure to bring the playdough Sage made him and his playdough mat- who needs under wear anyway!

The drive went very smooth, Tony did an awsome job getting us there safely. We made it to Virginia about 10 that night and stopped. Which is where we wanted to be to avoid the icy winter mix that was going to hit the northeast coast on Sunday. The hotel we stayed at even cooked your breakfast right there for you! yumm

Ryan has never been a good traveler in the car, he hates to be confined for long periods of time. Usually it is not pleasant, but he did great and we never even needed to put a movie on. He listened to his books on tape, looked at his books, played his guitar and worked on his drawings. I did cheat a little bit and bought a herbal relaxant called rescue remedy. It may have been a fluke, but anytime he started to get nuts I gave him a few dropps and he settled down - uhmmmm maybe I need to buy a case of this stuff.

Sage has always been great in the car. He just hangs out. I sat in the back with Ryan for a while and did some needle felting, played cards with Ryan and was able to stretch out a bit to give the baby belly some room.

Yesterday was my mom's bday so we were able to get here just in time to celebrate.
We are looking forward to relaxing and visiting with family and friends down here.

No comments: