Today we met our Earth Scout group out at the beach for a good ole' fashion beach clean up! Except that the beach was surprisingly clean considering it was the day after Memorial Day! Kudos to Milford for keeping it clean! The
porta potty on the other hand - yuck!
We
weren't sure how the weather was going to turn out since the
forecast called for rain - but it turned out to be
gorgeous! The rain held out until we were about 15 min from home - thank you rain fairies! The kids had a great time exploring the beach.
Here is Ryan testing his balancing skills - he always has been pretty sturdy on his feet.

I was surprised to see how nice this beach is and it is free year round (for all the Florida Folk - aprox about 10% of CT shore line is free and open to the public!! The rest you have to pay to get in - can you beleive it!)

The cool thing I found out about this place is that at low tide, you can walk all the way out to that Island out there! But keep an eye on the time, you do not want to get stuck out there!


One of the kids found a real live lobster in a tide pool.


Instead of sand castles - seaweed castles!

Chilling out in the rocks.
3 comments:
The beach clean up looked like a lot of fun. Seaweed castles...that's a great idea. I loved the photos.
OMG. I miss the Connecticut shoreline!!!! Thanks for cleaning up a bit!!!! When I was a kid you could spend all day on the beaches in Madison and Guilford. But now, not only do you have to pay, you have to be a resident of the town. The only option we have now when we visit is Hamonassit Beach. :(
Where is the beach that you were on?
Hi there. This was at Silver Sands in Milford. I am not to crazy about Hamonassit - I am not sure why though, something about it. This is true alot of the place you do have to be a resident. I look forward to our long vacation in the summer to Florida where we can go to any part of the beach at any time! Well excpet on the other end of town at the country club! But that is only a small portion.
I am glad that you are able to enjoy my pictures all the way on the other side of the continent!
I have been watching the Alaskan Experiment on the travel channel and it is so beautiful out there.
Post a Comment