Monday, May 12, 2008

Rainy Friday

On Friday, Ryan and I just spent the day hanging out. Our story for the week was "The Owl and the Pussycat" so we did a short puppet show . Ryan liked it so much he wanted me to do it twice. We did some watercolor paintings. It was "yellow's" birthday party. All her friends came to the party. Ryan seems to enjoy these stories of the birthday party and asked when it will be "red's" birthday party.

Then when Sage got home we went for a rainy walk. IT is good to get out in the elements, especially after a long day inside! Check out Ryan's outfit.

We went for a walk on the trails behind our house. It had been at least a month since we have been on this trail so it was fun to see how the trees having been growing their new leaves.

3 comments:

RunninL8 said...

There can definitley be wonderment in rainy day exploring outside! Can you tell me more about the birthday stories you spoke of?

julie said...

Hi - they birthday stories are an idea I got from the "Painting With Children" book. I started off saying it was Yellow's birthday and Ryan went off to find some yellow items to bring to the "party". We started with yellow in the middle and just soflty hummed to ourselves for a bit. Then I would introduce a new guest such as "Oh blue has just arrived over here in the corner and now he is dancing with yellow - and look green has quietly crept in to the party" We paint with blue quietly and then I introduce red in the same way. I talk about how they are all dancing and having a wonderful time. Once all the paper is covered we say goodbye to the guests and then wish yellow a very happy day. I have to admit I make it up as I go. Sometimes I add more details to the story and other times I just paint quietly and Ryan does the same. I hope that helps!

I have been enjoying your blog!

Pam and Anders said...

Love the rain outfit!