Monday, May 12, 2008

Number Line Fun

On Monday, I had the idea to make a number line outside on the driveway. It turned out to be a hit. We spent 30 min playing on the numbers. We would race around , land on a number and then call it out to each other. Then we counted by 2's,3's5' ect and jumped to the right number.It was a great way to engage Ryan in learning his numbers. In fact he loved the game so much we did it again on Tuesday and he had me make the line go all the way up to 100! It has made an impression on him, because now he is recognizing numbers all around him and trying to figure them out.

After all the running and numbers , I made us some whole wheat pesto pasta and decided to have a nice lunch in the playroom. It was fun. and so much better than a cafeteria!


2 comments:

Marnie said...

It has been a while sense I went out of my way to make a meal special. My girls love having picnics on the kitchen floor. The weather is nice, I should take them outside for lunch today. Thanks for inspiring me.

Pam and Anders said...

That number game is so neat! What a great way to get them to play.