Monday, May 5, 2008

MAY POLE AT WHISPERING WILLOW PLAYGARDEN

This morning I hosted my first monthly nature - inspired playgroup. Ryan and I named it the Whispering Willow Playgarden. He has been very excited about having a playgroup here at the house - we have been talking about it for awhile now!! Since our first one is at the beginning of May , we decided to have a May Pole dance. Since our local Waldorf school May Fair was canceled on Sat, this worked out well.

Here is the simple MayPole we put together. Tony was a great help digging a hole and putting it in the ground for us so that it wouldn't fall over. Hi honey - good job - it didn't fall.

We started with free play outside since it was so beautiful today. While the kids played, I had a mommy handwork project. I had experimented with making my own felt and dyeing it with Kool Aid to use for making May Baskets. They ended up being very pretty and festive.


"Here we go round the maypole high, maypole high,maypole high."

The kids had such fun dancing around the pole. Ryan wants to keep it up all week.


Lunch with friends!
Project time. The kids made little birds w/ accordion wings. Unfortunatly I did not get a picture of the finished bird - but they are pretty!

6 comments:

Melisa & Erik Nielsen said...

Looks like a ton of fun!

Pam and Anders said...

I was looking at Etsy today and your stuff is awesome! The little gnomes are adorable! That site is really fun to explore.

julie said...

Hi Pam - thanks. The Etsy site is really cool - so many wonderful shops to explore. I keep telling my Mom she could sell her watercolor paintings there. Your mom could sell her balls.

denise said...

Oh, fun!

RunninL8 said...

I'm LOVING your blog!!! i can't wait till i can find a good chunk of time to really check stuff out in depth! I've added you to my blog roll.
Just wanted to say thanks!
The rainbow gnomes...on my gosh!

Maymomvt said...

We have our May pole on Thursday. Your day looks absolutely wonderful!