Monday, February 11, 2008

Jack Frost and The North Wind







Last night it went down to about 9 degrees and when I put Ryan to bed the wind was howling and ratling the windows. It was the perfect opportunity to tell him a story about King Winter, Jack Frost and the North Wind. I got the idea from other stories and songs I have read and created my own version. Basically it was about King Winter looking down onto the North and wondering what happened to winter? He calls upon his friends Jack Frost and North Wind to fetch the Crystal Queen and bring winter weather back to the Northern Lands -after all

King Winter is in the land
he reigns with cold and freezing hand
he makes Jack Frost touch nose and toes
and gives our cheeks a shiny glow

I have heard this verse for a few years now but I do not remimber who wrote it.

In the morning after breakfast Ryan went around the house looking for the pictures that Jack Frost left on our windows. There is a very good verse about Jack frost painting pictures, but I cannot recall it right now. It was part of last years co-op circle time.

1 comment:

* * said...

What a lovely thought about Jack Frost painting pictures on the windows! How fun!