Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Waldorf Moment

Today we had the neighbor's girls over to play. They have been enjoying learning how to needle felt when they come over - and I am happy to teach them. It is also good for Ryan to have friends to needle felt with and he will sit and work on a project longer with his friends than with just me.

As they were down in the playroom working today I walked down to check on them and found the girls dressed in playsilks and Ryan dressed as the King standing on the table reciting a story he made up.

In that moment I beamed with delight knowing that my Waldorf homeschool journey has made Ryan a confident imaginative little boy that he is not afraid to be a king and tell a story to his friends as they needle felt. It is moments like these that remind me what I know in my heart and that our journey is only beginning!

No comments: