Friday, October 5, 2007

I LOVE TO DYE !!!!


I brought out all my plant dyes and made dye baths of indigo, cochineal,madder root and osage. I poured them into jars and then started mixing away!! The hard part is that the colors are so dark that I could not tell what was what until I pulled the wool out and washed it. One day I will have a proper work space where I can have room to make sample wools coresponding to the jars. For now I am having a lot of fun and the colors are amazing. I will be able to use them on the fairies I make and sell.

2 comments:

Pam and Anders said...

That is so neat! I love seeing all your projects. One day I'll have time to try some out on my own. :)

Grandpa said...

Grandpa needs an Orange and Blue putter cover! Maybe Ryan can make one?
How was the Fair? Any pictures?
Can't wait to see you guys.