Sunday, October 21, 2007

Friday Nature walk


On Friday Ryan and I went on a nature walk. It is something that we used to do once a week , but have not for awhile. It was a foggy drizzly morning but I was determined to get back into our nature walks no matter what the weather. It actually was a beautiful, peaceful morning despite the rain.

Ryan decided to bring his nature journal and some scissors in his backpack. When we climbed to the top of the mountain, he got his journal out but realized he did not bring any crayons or pencils for leaf rubbings. He got the idea to use a rock and dirt to make pictures in his journal - I thought that was very clever of him.



This is the view from the top of the mountain where we sat and worked in Ryan's journal.

We found this cool tree with all the roots exposed big enough for Ryan to burrow down inside.
Ryan was very inspired by our walk and felt the peace of the forest, as we left he hugged many of the trees and thanked them for keeping us dry from the rain and told them he would see them next week!!!

1 comment:

Anthony said...

What a great kid. I just wish he'd wash his feet more often. P-U.