Despite the fridgid temps , Ryan and bundled up and headed out to discover icicles and animal tracks. The sun was shinning that day so it did not seem to cold - at least not mentally.
We saw some rabbit tracks,deer tracks

and bird tracks. It is always mesmorizing to see these undisturbed tracks in the snow.

Then we came upon our favorite place to find the most gigantic icicles. This year I could not get up and climb around on the icicles like I did last year, but I still enjoyed watching Ryan explore. He loves to see if he can break the biggest ones.

An icicle cave.

Today it never went above 17 degrees, but that did not stop the boys from heading out for the 3rd day in a row to sled and snowboard off the back porch. They have a ramp down at the bottom of the stairs also.

Of course then there is the annual winter trek to find patches of ice for iceskating (without skates). This one is always the best and is right near our icicle rocks.
Winter can be so much fun. I can say that now - I am bundled up and sitting by the heater and watching my kids from the window : ) Come morning when the house is 50 upon waking - not so much fun.
3 comments:
Ohhh I just love seeing that. While we are roasting over here, you are chilling....gorgeous pics..xx
A boy where he belongs, outdoors - I love it!
Your snow is so lovely! Down here in South Africa we never really see snow. Enjoy.....
Post a Comment