Monday, January 5, 2009

I am officially in my 3rd trimester

We had a midwife appt today and I am 28 weeks along - 3rd trimester !!! I can't believe only 3 more months to go. Tony and Ryan came with me and were able to ask some questions.
Ryan helped out when she had to draw my blood to for the sugar levels and a few others. He held the tubes and passed them to Vicki when she needed them. He also got the bandaid ready for me and put it on when it was time.

The cool part of the apt came when she was able to feel the position of the baby and had Ryan feel too. He got to feel her back feet and head!! how cool! I got to feel her head also - it is pointing down by the way - hurray. It is so amazing to feel this sweet little person inside my belly - kinda weird though at the same time.

We also got our supply list of everything we need to have ready for the big day. It feels so real now that we have to prepare. With a hospital delivery you just show up and deliver. Having a delivery at home I need all kinds of goodies for the little ones arrival.

I know I have 3 more months to go, but I am so ready for her to be here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Julie,

I haven't read your blog in forever. Congrats on the pregnancy. I see you're shooting for a homebirth. Way to go. I can't remember if you've tried for one before or not. Can't wait to hear how it goes. A girl is on her way. So exciting. Have you shared the name???

Amy