Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ice everywhere

It was a very icy world here in the North East. As messy as it is and difficult to scrape off the driveway(thanks Tony for working so hard to get that cleared) it is so beautiful to see the ice crystals everywhere. This morning Ryan could not resist heading out in the freezing rain to try to "iceskate" on the porch. I was surprised that he stayed out there for about 15 min and finally came inside soaking wet saying it was just slush, so good for ice skating. He also decided to bring in a bucket of water from outside and when I inquired why it was in the house he very definelty told me he was making soda - hummm. Not sure how is going to do that but it is very intriging.

I myself could not resist heading out later in the afternoon after the rain stopped and Tony had cleared the porch of any ice ( pregnant ladies need to be careful) to take some pictures.







OUr new winter nature table fits right in with the weather since King Winter is most definelty in the land these days. The little lady to his left is my newest snow queen doll. She is for a friend who I can not say in case they are reading the blog before they receive this gift. I thought she came out rather beautiful. Ryan has of course requested that I make an entire Snow Royal family.

No comments: