I am a few days late posting this but on Feb. 28
th Sage turned13!! I can hardly believe he is a teenager ! What a special day he had. His Grandparents came up to CT for this special day and are staying with us until Monday. Only a big event like this would bring them out of Florida and to CT in February. Sage stayed home from school that day and they took us all skiing - what a special treat for all of us.
Here we are arriving. Sage is a pro at snowboarding but the rest of us head to lessons first.

Here he is at the top getting ready to go. Believe it or not I made it up the ski lift without any injuries and was able to take this picture.

A view down the mountain. Going skiing during the week when everyone else is in school or at work is awesome! We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. I also found out that there is a group of
home schoolers who ski at the mountain every Wed in the winter. I will have to remember that next year for Ryan.

Sage heading down. That is me off in the distance trying to keep up.

Ryan felt better here on the deck. Poor guy is sick with a cold but he did his best. I think next year he should take a children's class instead of hanging out in the old grownups class!

Heading to the lift

Lets see - Tony is the skier on the far right. Sage is the snowboarder crouching down on the left and Grandpa is on the left of him. Yep -
thats me in the back again. I am a very cautious skier. My mom had to stop after taking a spill and spraining her wrist. Fortunately nothing to serious but her wrist is pretty swollen.

Ryan and I

We had a wonderful time and it was so much fun to go as a family. I had never been skiing with my parents before, so it was a special treat for me too.
AFter that they took Sage out for a lobster dinner and we came home for choc cake (with a
secret ingredient of beets). To top it off he received a
Wii game system from us all. He and his Dad are very happy. Personally I do not enjoy such things, however he is 13 now and is having fun playing it with his dad. *
Alittle note for those who know me - yes I did wrap it in white paper with pretty watercolor paintings attached - with the rounded corners of course-
lolHAPPY 13
th BIRTHDAY SAGE. I LOVE YOU>
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Sage! Congratulations on becoming a teenager, many blessings on this new chapter in your lives! What a perfect way to celebrate, spending the day on the slopes looks like fun! And yum chocolate beet cake! I love that you wrapped the Wii game system all Waldorfy! : ) haha something I would do too!
Thank you for your kind words Nicole!
I hope Sage had a wonderful birthday! I still can't believe he's so grown up already!!
Post a Comment