Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Spring !!

Happy Spring! We have been very happy here up north that spring is approaching. I have been telling Ryan the story of "Princess Spring" from our Enki curriculum. Is basically the story of Princess Spring returning to the world as she chases King Winter away.

The trees all call her the lady of the Willow
The birds all call her the lady of the Wing
The flowers all call her the lady of Colors
But her true name is Princess Spring

After reading this story and doing a puppet show, Ryan put our King Winter to bed. THe last couple of days here have been very windy and chilly as if King Winter is a very active 5 year old who is not ready to go to bed yet and wants to stay up talking!!

I am soo ready for Spring. I bought some orange tulips to "warm" up the house as well as some pussy willows. One of our songs we like to sing is about pussy willows:

I know a little pussy
her coat is silver grey
she lives down in the meadow
not to far away
she'll always be a pussy, she'll never be a cat.
For she's a pussy willow and what do you think of that.
Meow,meow, meow, meow, SCAT.



Here is our spring nature table. I feel like it is missing something, but I am not sure what it is. It just doesnt look complete - hummmm - oh hey Lady Spring is missing! I just realized that.
The wheat grass of our easter basket is growing nicely. We are ready to celebrate the awakening of the Earth.

No comments: