Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ryan's new pet

On Friday Ryan and I attended a nature class at the Ansonia Nature Center. Once a month they have classes for children and their parents so I thought we would check it out. It was alot of fun. We learned about WORMS - how cool is that! Especially for a boy who loves to dig in the mud. Each child was able to make a worm house to take home and given their very own worm.. Ryan was excitted about that. He named his Omy.


After they made the worm home, we all went outside to collect worm food. Honestly, I never knew what worms eat. Apparently they love dried leaves. Ryan made a friend there too. Actually, I have met this family before. I sold a couple of things to their mother a year ago for her online store. Funny, how we met up again at a class on worms. It turns out she and her sons love to hike as much as Ryan and I do, so we are going to get together sometimes and hike.


After the class we came home and it was such a beautiful day we stayed outside doing various projects. We hung up our birdfeeder that we made at our homeschool co-op. I sure hope it stays together!! their are lots of nails and glue just in case. We also planted our wheatgrass in our easter baskets and tapped our maple tree for sap. We checked the tree today and there seems to be some liquid in the container - however it looks a little brown - humm. Sugar sap is clear so I am not sure if this is going to work or not. I will check again later in the week.

No comments: