Sat was beautiful weather - sunny and warm!! I planted some seeds in the starter pots. Lets see I planted : snap peas, 2 different types of lettuce, lemon balm, cosmos, and forget me nots. I still have many more seeds, but I think I will wait until I can plant them in the ground. I do not have enough room to start all of our seed indoors. I am excited about our garden this year. I found potatoe seed plant and I can't wait to grow our own potatoes. We are also adding some container garden to expand what we can grow. Lets in addition to the above we will have tomatoes,onions,spinach,califlower,cucumber,pumpkins,carrots and many flowers. I am going to try to create a butterfly garden this year. We will see.
Here is the shelf where I have our seeds started indoors: The plastic over them helps to create a "greenhouse" effect. In the past I have not been very succesful at starting seeds indoors - I am not sure why. This year I am determined to get it right!
Ryan planted these 2 seedlings : cucumber and pumpkin at our monthly nature class. They made their own pots out of newspaper! Too cool and then you can plant them right in the ground and the paper disinigrates. They had a cool tool at the nature center but at home I just used a glass jar to roll up the paper. Tony helped me out a lot by making some. I did not get a picture though:(
go seedlings go!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment