Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Hiking at Wadsworth Falls
On Monday Ryan and I met up with some friends at Wadsworth Falls. It was a beautiful spring morning, perfect for a hike.
The roots on this tree are amazing. How cool to be able to actually see how the roots are growing.
Ryan and his friend were having a great time hanging out by the creek and throwing rocks into the water.
On to the hike! Along the trail is a Giant Laurel tree. This is a perfect climbing tree. When we first moved here 3 years ago we came to this park and I have a picture of Ryan at 2 year old on this same tree!
I did not get a picture of the beautiful stone wall along the path, but here is a picture of the tunnel underneath it. The boys loved going through this and climbing up the other side.
We made it to Little Falls!! With the sun shinning through the trees - it truly was a zen moment.
As my friend and I were staring at the beauty of this - our boys were already climbing up on the rocks and figuring out how to get closer to the water!

This little flower is such a beauty in the middle of the woods. The funny thing about it is that you dont notice it right away because it's head is bowed down. Once you find one all of a sudden you notice that the forest is full of them. I experienced the same thing in the woods by our house. Except that they were yellow - humm maybe tomorrow I will go and see if there are any purple ones.
At the end of the hike the boys played on the beach by the pond when we noticed several frogs on the bank. They spent 20 min at least wadding through the pond and catching frogs. Ryan was soaked and had to ride home in his birthday suit!
One of Ryan's catches. What better way to spend a Monday morning/afternoon! A very hands on learning day outdoors where a boy can be a boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those pictures are gorgeous! I can't believe it's been 3 YEARS since you moved.
Ryan looks like he had a blast!
Love these pictures. Looks like they had such a good time. I'm so eager for our boys to get older so they can get outside and really play. There is so much to explore out there.
Post a Comment