Mother Earth,
Mother Earth, take our seed and give it birth,
Father Sun, Gleam and glow,
till the roots begin to grow.
Sister rain sister rain,
send thy drops to swell the grain
Brother Wind, Breathe and blow
so the blades green will grow
Earth and Sun, Wind and Rain
bring to us the living grain.
Finally!!! Only a month behind , but we did it! I know to some it seemed like I was procrastinating about getting my garden up but in reality I was watching the sun. Since this is a new house and the areas of the yard that get sun change often I wanted to make sure that I had the best spot for the garden. I am still not sure as the sun will change as summer approaches , but I think they are in the best possible spot.
I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to my awesome Dad for giving us his old deck wood and for cutting it into the right size! To my ever helpful Sage for helping to carry all the wood and for helping me to put them all together which was not an easy task. To my wonderful hubby for helping with the wood , putting them together and for filling all of them with soil one wagon full at a time ! I could not of done it without all of their help.
First though here is our first orange tree that we bought for our anniversary. I can't wait for all those yummy oranges!!
These 2 beds hold :
These hold peas , zucchini squash, beans and cucumbers
Happy growing !
3 comments:
Congratulations! May you grow many, many yummy veggies!
OH Yey!! Love to see that dark earth ready for seeds! I'll be planting some peas, spinach, and other greens soon! Congratulations on your garden building!
Wow! That's amazing!
Post a Comment