Wednesday, September 24, 2008

TGIF

I have to say that I am glad this day is over. Ryan was in hyper speed today and seemed to be yelling all day . Probably the rain and being stuck inside all day. And maybe not seeing any friends since Tuesday. Some days I feel like I do not have Ryan in enough activities. We are anxiously awaiting our Earth Scouts group to start back up and our home school co-op will not start for awhile. Plus I am not sure if I can participate this year. There is a wonderful plan in the works to rent a room on a 4-H farm and offer classes and work on the farm. The wrench for me is that it is an hour away and with a baby coming in April my body may not be up for driving so far. Also the cost is very high right now unless we get many families involved. Oh and one more - it is on the same day that we have Earth Scouts - the day was changed from Thursdays last year to Tuesdays this year. Murphy's law the only 2 home school commitments I have and now they are both on the same day. sigh.

Anyway we still plug along on our lessons and do activities together near home. For those following our lessons I started using the Christopherus 1st grade curric as our main guide and Oak meadow as a supplement for ideas. I love the Christopherus guides. The letters are learned as an alphabet journey with the Wise Woman taking the Prince on a journey through the land to become a better king. We just started it on Monday and Ryan is really enjoying it.

We started off with the Q - Queen, the K - king, the P - prince and the W-wise woman.


I like that she has us make a "golden path" for our letters to walk on.

Then we made some homemade soup with homemade bread grilled cheese sandwiches. How fun to be able to have a picnic with natural nutritious food complete with a floral center piece.
We got out the beeswax for the first time in a while. The sun was able to warm it up so it was easy to work with. We attempted to make a prince and a wise woman. We tried our best and I was proud Ryan even tried in the first place.
Not too bad - still needs a little bit of work.
Then of course some swinging!!

No comments: