Wearing a garment of golden and brown.
Apples she brings us so round and so red,
Brings us the corn that we bake our bread.
Today we had a few friends over to celebrate the Fall Equinox. It was a lovely day with nice fall weather. The leaves here are just starting to show their fall colors here. This morning I changed to nature table for our new season. Then our friends arrived. We had a great time playing together, having a puppet show and making root gnomes. Being the hostess though I kept forgetting to take pictures - although keep an eye out at my friends blog Frog Creek(her blog is on the side bar) and she will have more pictures.
I told the story of Benji and the giant carrot. This story was a mix of The Giant Turnip and a story I saw in my therapeutic story telling book. In this story everyone is having a hard time pulling the giant carrot out that Benji would like to harvest to make a nice yummy carrot soup for his family. Finally a Caterpillar comes along and tells him he needs to ask the root gnome if he may pull that carrot out. So Benji asks him and he appears out of the ground to tell him that yes of course he may pull that carrot now that he has asked.
Then we shared a picnic lunch with everyone and the kids played together until it was time for them to go home.
WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!
5 comments:
We love to watch your activities. Almost as good as being there(wish we were). Please keep it up.
What fun! I love your story! What is the therapeutic storytelling book that you mentioned? I'm curious!
Hello the book that I mentioned is called "Healing Stories for Challenging Behaviour" by Susan Perrow.
It is a wonderful book, I highly recommend it. It is full of ideas and stories for many behaviours you many be trying to change. I like this approach rather than a direct one which can hurt a child's self esteem.
Sounds GREAT! thanks!
looks like a magical day! love your blog. we just switched over our nature table from summer to fall (a bit late, but it still felt like summer here on the equinox...). i put a few pictures up at www.larksongknits.com
Post a Comment