Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Zoo

Today we went to the zoo. They have a wonderful one down here and have spent lots of time,money and energy over the last several years making realistic and comfortble habitats for the animals. We enjoyed about an hour and half of sunny weather when a severe lighting storm hit the area. We ran for cover in a nearby gift shop to wait it out. turns out it was pretty severe - 70mhp winds and hail in some areas. The one thing about Florida in the summer is that the thunderstorms never last for too long. Most of it had past after an hour and we were able to venture on after a quick stop to get some rain ponchos. We all had the best time - I even got a few pics of Sage smiling and willing to take a picture with his brother. Of course for some reason Ryan picked today to not want to take pictures - *sigh*





Ryan took this one right as I was getting ready to say something so it looks like I am not smiling. Darn!





The Loraketts are great. For a buck you can get a cup of nectar and wait for them to fly by or land on you to take a drink. We were here when the storm hit and all the birds were going crazy!
This looks very similar to a pic I took of Sage when he had his 10th bday party at the zoo right before we moved to CT.





After waiting out the rain in the gift shop we moved on (quickly) to the kids discovery room where Ryan spent a long time practicing to be a vet.


After the rain..... The boys thought it was so cool to walk in the rain with their ponchos. I love that they like the simple things in life - they must take after their mama.lol

The giraffes were the only animals we saw out in the rain. They sure are cute. I took this pic because I thought I would try to needlefelt a giraffe. we'll see.
After the zoo we headed out to my parents condo on the beach and by the time we got there all therain had passed- yeah! the boys went out and played in the ocean, hanging out together. It was so nice to see them getting along and being buds. Unfortunalty I did not have my camera with me on the beach. I have to remeber it next time - those brotherly moments are hard to come by these days.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

thanks for the visual update. these are awesome. some of the nicest pics of the boys together ever. i love and miss you guys so much. Heidi and Leo too.

RunninL8 said...

Most of Huz's family lives in Florida and my dad, too but we haven't been there in a few years. We LOVE Busch Gardens!! The girls and I will be headed to NJ and Guilford, CT next month and we can't wait to experience some summer!!!! I don't care if it's rippin hot and humid!! We have had the coldest rainiest summer here on record!!!!
Glad you all are having fun in the sun!!!!