Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Belated Candlemas,Imbolc and Groundhog day

Candlemas day this year just kind of slipped by this year. Lately as I am now in my 32nd week of pregnancy, I find myself slowing down and forgetting things. I remembered in the morning it was Groundhog day, which reminded me it was Candlemas / Imbolc day - a day to celebrate the return of the light to the earth. I prefer to celebrate the more pagan version of the holiday - although like I said we did not do much this year. Last year I was more prepared :
http://naturalplaygarden.blogspot.com/2008/02/happy-imbolccandlemasgroundhog-day.html


So we lit candles at dinner time and ate by candle light. Ryan put the candles on the table for us - there were many. We also just talked about the day and the history of celebrating it.

Welcome back Sun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely blog and pretty pictures;o)