Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Activities

Monday - our monthly science group met at our friend Kim's house to learn about oxygen. She talk a bit about it and the kids held their breath to see that we really do need oxygen - luckly no one passed out. Also a couple experiments were done. Check out her blog over there at Frog Creek for more details. (see side bar for her blog). It was great and Ryan was able to tell his dad all about it.


We also had a tour of a local firehouse. Ryan enjoyed that although he said he was feeling shy and did not want to sit in the firetruck or hold the hose. I have those days too.


Here Fireman Greg is showing the kids the "keys" to every house in the town. I definitely do not want him to use those keys unless absolutely necessary.

Ryan came home Mon night and put out many fires around the house. - whew were lucky it did not burn to the ground! THe next morning he was still in fireman mode and wanted me to go on a tour of his fire house.

Here he is showing me the smoke detector:
This is the fire truck:


After the tour and lessons we ran some errands and then headed over to our morning nature class. They kids met with the Ranger who talked about habitats. Then they headed outdoors to find various habitats.
Here is a hole under the center where a woodchuck used to live.
A bat house
They also found various bird nests and took a nice hike.
After some of the kids ran around and played in the field before heading home. Ryan and I stopped at the knitting shop and we both picked out some great yarn to make slippers. I cant wait. I forgot to take a pic of the yarn so I will take a pic of the finished slippers.

It is only Tuesday and I am worn out!! I see an early bedtime for me tonight.

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

Looks like you will be well protected by fireman Ryan!

It was great getting to see all of you last weekend. Can't wait for Christmas.

RunninL8 said...

I've always wanted to hold a fire hose and let it fling me all over as it squirts!!!! Just like in the movies!!WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!