Saturday, November 15, 2008

What to do on a rainy Saturday?

For Ryan and I our day started at 6:30 this morning. Breakfast was over by 7 and then he was down in the playroom telling me the "storyteller was here". He made up a wonderful story while I sat and knit.

Next it was on to block crayon drawings. I love how Ryan drew the "fairies on the world", even adding the sun and a cloud. It is great to watch his imagination and creativity flourish. Learning at home enables him to experiment with what he likes to do. It changes all the time and he can work at his own pace. Even on my toughest days with him, I am thankful to be homeschooling him.
I practiced a little of the techniques from my block crayon drawing book. I still need some work.
We didn't stop there, on to the puppet show. It has been a long,long time since Ryan has wanted to do a puppet show on his own. It was nice to see him come back to it. It did eventually end with a storm and things were everywhere, but that is ok!
Last not least, Ryan was inspired by my "Toymaking with Children" book. So he got out the scarfs and blocks and we set to work to build a village. It was such a nice morning to spend together. By 9 we were off on our separate ways - me to do yoga and Ryan to eat a second breakfast with daddy.


A great big hug for his baby sis!! Just wait till you are born our sweet baby girl, you will have so much loving.

The rest of the morning the boys spent wrestling with each other till I threw them outside : ) by then the rain had stopped for a bit.

A hang out rather lazy kinda day but great fun just to hang out with each other.

3 comments:

RunninL8 said...

Wonderful rich day! What great creativity your kiddo has! Thanks for sparking the reminder that I need to do more storytelling myself!

Tanya said...

What a lovely day! Do mind telling me more about your block crayon drawing book? Is it something that I can purchase??? I definitely could use more guidance in that area. Thanks

julie said...

The block crayon drawing book is called "Coloring with Block Crayons emphasizing the Primary Colors" by Sieglinde de Francesca

I bought this book from the Bob and Nancy Waldorf Book store. It is a wonderfulbook and so inspiring! I highly recomend it.