All the leaves so happy and gay, were dancing around a tree on day.
Along came the North Wind and blew through the town and all the leaves came tumbling down (throw scarfs on the ground). We rake them up high, as high as the sky (put silks in a pile). Then throw them up high (throw silks Up).
It could use some work, but Ryan had fun and wanted to do it several times. THen he was inspired to sing one of our songs using the fairies around the house. It was fun esp since Ryan is not always into singing time. After that we worked on some form drawing based on the story form Donna Simmons Form Drawing book. About a king who looked out his castle wall and saw the mountains behind him. Took off on his horse and came to the sea - that is the general idea anyway.
Knowing that transition is key with Ryan - sit too long and I loose him fast! We went to beanbag games. I told the story of the Shepard boy as we tossed the beanbags and how the Shepard boy
had to count all the sheep so to make it easy he counted by 2's. Then we kept tossing the bags counting by 2's. (well honestly only I was counting) Then his father bought more sheep and the boy knew counting by 2's would take a long time so he counted by 5's, ect then counting by 10's.
Ryan enjoyed that game and wanted to kep going. Knowing though that if we go to long with somethings it looses his interest, I stopped at 10's so that we can pick it up again in a few days.
This week we are working with our good friend the Addition gnome and he is helping the squirels count their nuts for the winter.
Tuesday was all about the block crayon drawing of our story and watching the letter emerge. Can you guess our letter ? : )
So far so good!
2 comments:
Don't you love days like those! Ryan did such a great job with his sentence! Now to pick your brain (yet again!), where did you get your ideas for the beanbag games...or did that just come from you?
Hello -
We play bean bag games before we start our lessons. It is our "circle time" we usually play Simon Says or we circle the bags around our bodies while saying
"2 squirrels do chase around a tree
they chased their tails most merrily
who's tail was who's they were not sure" we do that a couple of times getting faster or slower around our legs ect. That verse I got from our co-op and I do not remember which book it came from.
The idea for the Shepard boy came from our Christopherus Curric. Donna tells the story to learn Roman Numerals and lays down sticks as the boys counts the sheep. I just took that idea and used it for counting games. It works well, before we were just skip counting but the story makes it fun.
If you decide to do it,, I am sure it will be a hit. - good luck.And if you have any ideas let me know, I am always looking for beanbag games.
Julie
Post a Comment