On Sunday we headed to the Oxbow Organic farm for the annual sowdown. It was a beautiful sunny day and we enjoyed watching a cooking demonstration, making may crown and fairy house and dancing around the maypole.
Adeline's fairy house. By the time we worked our way to the tent to make these houses all the good bark was gone and we were able only to find a little strip. It came out very cute, I think the fairies will like it.
enjoying a little tractor time
Adeline loved the maypole and had no problems dancing around it by herself.
On Tuesdays we are now volunteering to help out at the farmer's market in a near by town.
Adeline and I helped fold blankets
Ryan and Sage helped but up umbrellas, tables and trash cans.
Adeline and I also helped to get the maypole ready !!
After our work we headed to the playground for some fun
and face painting
Ryan had a great time on the merry go round, he even met some friends and saw someone from his wilderness school there. Although next time he is not going to spend a half an hour spinning on the merry go round, he was so sick when we went home. !
Finally time for the Maypole dance. Since this was her second time , Adeline is now a pro : )
We came home with some yummy pea shoots. Sauteed in olive oil and garlic they are delicious. I had discovered after a bought a bunch of them, that RYan had used his money to buy some as well!! I love that he did that.
oops - this picture ended up at the bottom of the roll, but it is from Sunday at the farm and we were learning about honey bees. I am planning on having our own hives this fall!!













3 comments:
sounds like a memorable time! Wish we were closer!
Hi Wendy - I wish we were closer too!! I miss everyone in CT. By far it was my favorite place to live!
Glad to see an update! It does look like fun. Looking forward to more updates!
Post a Comment