Saturday, December 22, 2012

Winter Solstice



We were so lucky yesterday to have the sun shinning here in Washington as we headed into the longest night of the year. The kids and I headed out to the river to enjoy the beautiful day and then off to the playground to run around.

I was so amazed to see the moon peeking over the Mt
so sunny Adeline needed sunglasses
 On the longest night we search for the light,
And we find it deep within.
Open your eyes to embrace what is wise,
And see the light of your own soul shining.
 lyrics by Lisa Thiel ( song link at the bottom of this post)


We were also lucky that the rain held off until after our winter spiral. It was a beautiful (yet chilly) evening. I found a beautiful song on you tube that we played during our spiral walk and afterward Adeline was inspired to dance! I could not ask for a more wonderful spiral ! 
 
  



 











 Here is the link for the you tube song by Lisa Thiel. She has other beautiful songs too. 

 Winter Solstice Song



 Happy Winter Solstice !







No comments: