Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas in Washington

This year for the first time ever we did not have Christmas in Florida with my parents. It was a weird feeling thinking that for the past 42 years I have always spent it with my parents!! My kids were sad that they wouldn't see family on Christmas so we tired to make it as special as possible. 

Of course when the big morning came all focus was on seeing what Santa brought.! The biggest surprise of all was the official size ping pong table that Santa brought!!

Lego set , some great books and cd's for Ryan

Adeline went straight to the Tinker Bell wrapped present from Grandma and Grandpa thatshe had been eyeing for a week!

meet Slippen (that is what Adeline named her )


THanks Grandma and Grandpa for a cool trampoline

Loving the new ping pong table and styling in his new Christmas hat!


Once presents were opened and we had some lunch we gave them one final special gift. A trip up to Snoqualmie Pass to snowtube!! We were all excited. I was a bit nervous since I read the road reports and chains were required to drive up to the pass that day! Seeing as how we have never put them on our car before, I was a bit nervous - so nervous in fact I sat in the back of the van with Ryan!!
ready to go

the road to the pass just before we put chains on the car

We made it to the pass and had a great time!




That's Adeline going down the big hill by herself!



Love the tube tow up the hill









To end a great day Adeline was the only one brave enough to get into the hot tub. It was 92 but still a tad cold for me!
We had a wonderful first Christmas in Washington but did miss our family and friends very much!

No comments: