Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sea Turtle Release

This past Sunday Tony and Sage went Stand-up Paddle Boarding and the guide told them about these rehibilated turtles that were being released on Monday. So of course we had to go!! My mom is here this week helping me out so she drove us out there (just in case anyone was worried that I am driving when I shouldn't be -lol)

These turtles were at the http://www.georgiaseaturtlecenter.org/. These 3 were ready to be released!

This first youth is a green sea turtle - so cute!



Many fans to wish him luck
Another green sea turtle a little bit older than the first and just as cute!
Here comes the big guy - a loggerhead turtle weighing over 200 lbs! He had been bitten by a shark several times, but now he is doing well.
waiting and watching!
amazing to see a loggerhead so close in its natural habitat






Once the excitment was over - my free spirited little girl threw off her clothes and ran around the beach - I think she just might be a surfer girl : )

Grandmom and the boys taking a walk while I sat to rest. It was a good chance for the boys to study for their 4h marine biology group too !
my baby girl and me. Not to take away from this post of the turtles - but 2 weeks post surgery and I am walking on the beach!!! hurray



No comments: