Thursday, October 27, 2011

Recovery update

Well it has been 3 weeks and 2 days since my surgery and recovery is going well overall, but it sure is hard to rest when I am feeling good. Why is that?

The first week home of course was tough and I spent a lot of time resting, plus my low back hurt so bad it was painful to get around. I ended up getting a massage that Sat and felt great after that! I could walk normal again and get in and out of bed with no problems. My husband was home with the kids so that made it much easier to rest

The second week I got out a bit more. My mom stayed with me and would drive us on little errands. It was good to get out of the house. I also had a follow up visit with my neurosurgeon at the end of the week and he was happy to see I was recovering so well , even telling me I could go back to normal activity and drive! whohoo.

Well the third week (this week) My first week on my own I caught a cold Monday and took a 2 hour nap that day. My dad came and got the kids Tue afternoon so I got some rest. Then Tuesday night my cold turned into a nasty stomach bug! I was worried when Wed am I though I felt fluid coming out of my right ear so I had Tony call the otologist and the neurosurgeon as a precaution and I ended up going in to see the neurotologist who as a precaution checked me out. The surgery area seemed fine and any leakage in my ear would of come from the surgery side so that put my fear to rest. He said I probably just got some bug and it will pass. Thankfully my dad has been with the kids these past two days so I can actually rest!

I must remember that my immune and energy levels are not what they used to be and I need to rest more!! Why is that such a hard thing to do?? Its not that I don't like to rest I do, but I feel this need to be doing something.

I am working on relaxing :

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UGH...this sounds all to familiar. Really, just stay away from people and don't go anywhere. I kept thinking I was well enough and kept catching things for 2 months. My count took forever to go up. It took a real toll on me and I still don't have the muscles I used to.

Please keep resting and let someone else do the running around.

xo
Healing Prayers,
Wendy