Saturday, July 2, 2011

A quick new tshirt for summer!

My dad came today and whisked all 3 of kids off on an adventure for the day. It was perfect time to do housework and of course even actually rest a little. It was also perfect time to devote all my attention on making a new summer shirt from one of my older sons discarded tie dye shirts. I have been wanting to make it for a while and it does not take long - just a few snips here - tie a little bit here and sew a little here and TADA:

a new cute summer shirt : )

6 comments:

julie said...

ahhh - thanks Kim! It was so easy to make , Marlin could do it. I'll make another one and take pictures step by step for her.

Rain or Shine said...

Very Cute!

Betty Kirchner said...

The shirt is really cute, but tell me, how in the world do you stitch t-shirt knit on a sewing maching?? I would make a lot of knit things, but I cannot find the right needle or some technique to stitch knit. What do you do?

julie said...

Hi Aunt Betty. the shirt did not require alot of sewing. Since it was a tshirt already all I had to do was to sew under the arms to part way down the side to bring it in since it was too big under the arms. Since I just sewed a very short straight stitch it did not stretch the fabric. Sorry I dont have a secret to share with you to sew knits!

Wee Dragon said...

Julie! I want a tutorial...it's so cute!

Wee Dragon said...

Julie! I want a tutorial!!!