So now that Ryan has moved on from Star Wars to Pokemon I knew he needed a few pokeballs of his own. At his request I needlefelted him a Pikachu. This little guy has become his favorite and I love the smiles and hugs it brings. Ryan also decided to make his own pokemon. THat is the little one to the right of the pic up front. It is apparently a bird type pokemon who uses electricity has its power. His name is basil! I love that he made his own. I think that is what it is all about. Being interested in these mainstream things are fine - but I feel strongly the kids need to use it "out of the box" so to speak and that is what helps the imagination grow not rushing out to get the latest toy.
1 comment:
Those are so cute! My 10 year old went through a pokemon phase a couple years ago. He's terrible at remembering real people's names, but he knew the name of all those characters. I bought some of the movies and a couple simple chapter books, but never purchased any of the toys. There are some really cute pictures on "google images" of pokemon bento lunches, so I did make a pokeball rice ball once.
Post a Comment