Sunday, August 15, 2010

Has it really been a year?

t has!!! I have a hard time believing that only a year has passed since we left our life behind in Connecticut. Our friends, our homeschool community, the trees, the mountains , the seasons! All of it I miss dearly.

When we left CT we had no idea what the future would hold for us. My husband had not found work, no place of our own, our belongings in storage in CT while we headed to Florida. It was tough to say goodbye to a place where I felt so connected to. Not just the friends I made, but to the land itself. A place I cherished everyday and never took it for granted. The smell of Fall in the air, the magic of those first snow falls, watching the trees come to life in the spring, looking out at the mountains every morning from my bedroom window. I hold on tight to those memories.

It only took my husband a couple weeks before he found work in Georgia. We retrieved our belongings and tried to look forward to a life in GA. It was not easy at first. Eventually we fell into a groove and met some pretty cool people. Unfortunately my husband's job was not what he thought it was going to be and the search was on again to find a new and better one.

That happened rather suddenly 2 months ago when he was offered a position down here in Florida. It turns out it is an excellent job and it is going great. I am torn. I am happy to be back near my family. My parents have been such amazing support for us during all the ups and downs and I am so thankful for them! Being near them (well infact right now we are living with them until we find our own space) will be great for the kids. They can have their grandparents so close now and I really appreciate that now in my life.
I am also sad at the idea that I will no longer be living up north. A little piece of my heart stayed up there. I can't choose where my family is from and mine happens to be from the south. I grew up mostly up north and spent a good deal of my adult life up north and I think that is why I will always love it up there. Don't get me wrong Florida is nice. A little too hot , too flat but it is workable. My path in life has found me back here and I am embracing it a little bit more each day.

The kids and I have been hanging out waiting to get settled. We are in the process of trying to but our first home. Keeping my fingers crossed that will happen soon! We are also homeschooling Sage for high school starting this fall. A lot of changes this year!!!
During all this I have tried to keep my own self together for the kids, to keep things "normal". Although our normal has been anything but that lately.


Adeline has taken a love to watercolor painting. I am looking forward to when she is a little bit older and can really participate in our homeschool lessons.

The boys have loved going to the skate park. The one near us is perfect. The boys can skate and I can take Adeline to the playground right next to it.

If you look closely Ryan has a vintage Back to The Future skateboard that belonged to either me or my sister - can;t remember

Sage used to skate all the time. He enjoyed picking it up again.


We also took in a baseball game as a family
Adeline did not want to sit still - can you tell : )
She wanted to get up and check the place out.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots going on! Happy Homeschooling!

julie said...

gtyfhhvbvvy utkdg uymgiev

julie said...

ryan

julie said...

uyitkkgugjbm jhigkfbidfkhjflgk 4547'45

julie said...

.......................................,.;;;;;;;;;;;;.;//'[]\][[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[['+\'////////.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

julie said...

RYAN AND S