Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sweet Adeline is One !

I know I have said this before when each of the boys turned one - but where did the time go ! my newborn is a full fledged toddler! It was a year ago that I held my sweet baby girl in my arms the second she was born and have held her ever since! I love everything about her - her toes, fingers, legs, arms, her baby smell, the way she calls out for na-na's when she wants to hurse. The times when I am worn out from all night nursing/co-sleeping - I think about the day she was born and how special she is to me. That gets me through those times. That and her sweet smiling face in the morning.


Oh how she has grown this past year.

Her first birthday crown - hand dyed and hand sewn to match -




Of course she needed a birthday dress mae by mom. fabric carefully picked out for the occasion. I think this shall be a new birthday tradition for my little girl



Her Grandpa took her to breakfast at the beachdiner


After breakfast the boys went off and I got to spend some quite time with my birthday girl. We went for a walk on the beach (well , I walked and she slept in the jogger). Then we walked over the our favorite coffee shop and hung out for a bit.


played in the bird bath









We then went out to eat and came home for cupcakes!


Happy first Birthday my sweet birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a fine birthday crown it is! Happy First Birthday Adeline!

Tanya said...

so sweet. I too plan on making a dress for my daughter's first birthday! So nice to have a girl after all these boys (I have 3!). Happy Birthday sweet Adeline!