Sunday, September 6, 2009

St Augustine

Last week I Took Ryan to his first homeschool field trip here in Florida. We went down to St. Augustine for their 444th birthday. The Foutain of Youth park was holding a re-enactment to demonstrate the Timucans history. This was Ryan's first trip there.

We learned about Ponce De Leon and tasted water from the Fountain of Youth - humm, I feel younger all ready : )



The Timucuan village was nice and here they had a living history display and we learned alot

from this guy - he told us how the Timucauns were larger than most people,probablly due to the spring water here and the food they ate. He told of other interesting things too but Adeline was getting fussy so I had to take her out for awile.


Ryan stayed and listened. He was intrigued.


I like the big plastic shark




Peacocks were running wild there. Such beautiful feathers.




There was also a pirate flag down near the river which lead to a discussion about pirates and looking through our pirate book at home. Then lead to buying pirate fabric at the fabric store
to make a pirate costume. I love when things naturally progress this way.

2 comments:

Crescent Moon said...

It looks like you had lots of fun. We went there earlier this year. I loved the white peacocks at the Fountain of Youth Park!

Earthetarian said...

How nice to see pictures! Adeline is a little chunky monkey. Well done mama milk! I went to St S once and it was beautiful. :)