Thursday, August 20, 2009

Has it really been a week?

It has and I can hardly believe it! It has been an entire week since we left CT and arrived in Florida with our things in tow. The night before we left CT stayed with our dear friends the Cosar's and had a wonderful time with their family! Even the doggies had a great time! Kim is an awesome host. Not only did they make us an awesome dinner, but she got up and made coffee and breakfast for us! Thanks guys - we miss you!!!

Well, Ryan ,Adeline and I flew down to FLorida and made it safely. THe first couple days were a tough transition for me. I have a hard time with change - I dont like it and major ones wear me out emotionally. I woke up each morning in tears wondering if we did the right thing or not. I know financially we did what is best for our family, but it was tough. I have since been ok with everything. My parents are wonderful about us being here . They fixed up spots for the boys and for us, even letting make a little Waldorf corner. Sometimes it is tough because, well after all we are different people - but we are able to peacufully coexisist - and I love them , they are my parents!

This week has been our vacation week . We went out on the boat my dad just bought and had a great time.

Ryan got to try his skills at driving the boat
Adeline was not to crazy about her life vest, so she spent most of the time nursing to take her mind off of it!
Sage loves fishing
the cute little house boat!
what better way to go to the beach than parking your boat right on a desserted one!
Of course no boat ride would not be complete without getting stuck on a sand bar and having to push ourselves off of it!

We went to the beach for a little bit - Adeline seems to really enjoy the water

cute baby on the beach alert

After the beach we went to a resturant called the Mellow Mushroom and the had a hollowed out phsycadelic bus with booths set up and we were lucky to get the one near the steering wheel . RYan spent the whole dinner driving the bus .

Steph you would like this place - they had tempheh sandwiches : ) I have been making it at home and it is yummy!


Well - we miss everyone in CT! But are doing are best to move forward. Sage starts school next week and Ryan will go to the Waldorf school for a few enrichment classes. Tomorrow we are going to the waldorf school to help clean up and get to know everyone. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Earthetarian said...

I've been to a Mellow Mushroom in SC but I don't remember tempeh on the menu. Mmmm. I love the boat! I want Ns Dad to get one!