Saturday, April 4, 2009

41 weeks

I am now one week past my due date and doing my best to stay busy as well as rest. I am also doing my best to stay positive and trust that my body will labor naturally. I do worry that I will have to go to the hospital to be induced - and all my homebirth plans will go up in smoke. In my heart I know that how ever she needs to be born, I just want her to be safe and healthy. Just knowing this is my last baby, I so want it to be a natural and beautiful experience. I am trying to stay positive.

My good friend told me to create - get out the paints , the wool ect. and create. Honestly I have been feeling too tired and run down to have any creative juices in me. I have knitted many things for Adeline and just feel done right now. Although today I came across some watercolor paper that I did not know I had, I was so excited. So while Tony and Sage were out at the Science Saturday, Ryan and I got out the water color paints.

It was a wonderful experience, I did not tell a story like I usually do during painting time, but rather told Ryan he could paint what he wanted. He started with yellow and on his own started telling a story! He told it in a soft sweet storytelling voice (he has listened to his mama tells stories in the same manner many times!)
The story went something like this :

The sun came out to the playground one day.
Blue came, but stayed around the edge.
Then red, orange and brown joined in.
They all came to play on the playground.

It was a wonderful sight to watch him paint as he told his story - feeling the colors.


I just let the colors fall where they may on mine and I love the flow that evolved. I decided to experiment with lifting color off the paper and started to paint a little fairy up in the blue corner, which I quickly changed to be Adeline. She is there waiting for us. Ryan says it is her when she was in the clouds looking for us so that she can be born!


The other day Ryan drew this drawing of "Daddy and Mommy taking Adeline for a walk". It is the first picture he has drawn with her not in my belly. I think he is as anxious for her to come as we are.
If you look closely at my shoulder, that is little Adeline. I decided to use the back of his drawing to write Adeline a letter. Letting her know how much we already love her and can not wait to hold her close. That she has 2 awesome brothers who she will love and they will love her.
As you can tell, there is much anticipation around here!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh wow what an exciting and nervous time..i am busting to hear your news.
What a beautiful picture of her on his shoulder that is just so sweet.
Wishing you love, strength and care...xx

RunninL8 said...

What a BEAUTIFUL painting experience you two had! And I just love the baby on the shoulder drawing-so sweet! I hope all is well-perhapse your little one has arrived as I write this! If not, then soon! Just in time for your nice springy weather! Can't wait to hear the news!
Sending love and fortitude!

RunninL8 said...

Oh, and if you are still waiting, have your hubby apply pressure/massage to the inside of your ankle, trace up four of mother's finger widths above the ankle bone. Rub for about 1 minute.
On the top of your hand in the webbing between your thumb and index finger, press on an angle underneath the bone that connects with the index finger. To stimulate contractions, rub the point. Also helps with pain during labor!
The traps are also a good place to massage.
Here's a good video!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK7YuyVJYbU