Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Play is the heart of childhood

This morning Ryan was in a very snuggly mood, so as soon as Daddy and Sage left for the day he and I laid on the couch and I read a chapter from our new book "Puck the Gnome" .

After that I did a little yoga while he played and as you can see from the picture of the boats on the yoga mat, anything can become a river!

On to snack. We made blueberry-oatmeal bars and played a game ( our snack time ritual)

Ryan decided that it was time to hang out the silks so we spent some time washing and hanging out our silks to dry. I felt that was a good time to bring in our story for the week. I have been telling the story of Why the Evergreens stay Green. In the story a little bird has a broken wing and cannot fly south for the winter. He decided to ask the trees if they will keep their leaves all winter for him to stay warm. The Birch,Oak and Willow all told the little bird that they must rest in the winter and cannot keep their leaves. Soon the bird comes to a Spruce tree who says that he will keep his leaves for him to stay warm and the Pine and Juniper all did the same.

Once the story was over we fixed up our "farm" and played a bit with the table puppets.

We do so much in one day that I can never remember all the details at the end of the day. We had a great day learning about evergreens, baking,cooking, coloring with block crayons and just being together.



























































1 comment:

Pam and Anders said...

Santa's farm looks really great!