Thursday, January 3, 2008

A very cold day without a car





When we got home from our vacation we discovered that T car would not start. He tried to jump it using my Jeep and some how the jumper cables caught on fire!! Luckily he put it out and he and the cars are fine excpet that his still does not start. Needless to say we need new jumper cables.

He took my car to work today and Ryan and I were homebound all day. With the temp. in the low digits we did not even venture outside. I have to say we had a great day. Everything I have read and tried to encourage about being a child-led learning home was so apparent today. We just took it easy and let the day present itself. My very dear friend, Kim, writes about the same thing in her blog frogcreek.blogspot.com. Even though we may be inspired by different learning styles we both have the same desire to let our children think for themselves and to develop as a whole person!!! This is why we are such great friends and our kids get along so well.


This was our day:
8:30 am worked on a science experiment that Ryan got for Christmas from his grandparents.
R played with blocks and his cars, moved on to the playroom and set up a farm scene. Finally got dressed and we both worked out on our new treadmill briefly. Snack time while we played a game. Played our recorders and made up new songs. Read books and talked on the couch. R built more towers and played with his cars. Used his new ping pong catapult to try to knock over the towers. Had lunch and watched the food network briefly. R was inspired as usual to make his own recipe. He called is "Saffron" which is eggs,milk and cheese mixed in the food processor poured into the frying pan and then add tomatoes,cucumber and salt. All of which he prepared and made himself for me. Being the adoring mother I am - I ate it and it wasn't half bad! It tasted like an omelet. Yesterday he made his own scrambled eggs and toast (do not worry his not left unattended when cooking on the stove!!)

I worked on cleaning and rearranging to make room for our new Christmas gifts.

R and I made drawstring bags for our recorders. He sewed his on his own using the sewing machine. I just helped him with the top part.

That is all I can remember. ..

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Great job, mom! Sorry about the jumper cables. You guys had a great day. Hope today is going as well. I love you guys.

Grandpa said...

Can't wait to try those spinach pancakes, YUM YUM!