Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday's Lessons

My journey of homeschooling Ryan has definitely been at times a bumpy road. Today we had a wonderful day full of lessons and creativity and fun! I think the last few weeks I tried too hard to have a structured day forgetting to let Ryan cherish his childhood. He has strong ideas on how things should be. As the mom and a homeschooling mom this can be challenging. This is a great quality that I want him to develop and to be his own person while in the process making him realize to that it is ok to listen to other ideas before saying NO.

With this in mind and to remember to be creative we dressed up as pirate's to do our lessons and practiced writing the letter P. After that my new idea to our circle time was to make it imaginative. We pulled the table out and draped our silk over it and it became our "boat". We went on a long journey singing as we went along. We stopped to pick some apples, catch some fish, and meet new friends along the way. Ryan would of don't this all morning if I let him but my tummy was ready for snack. We docked our boat until tomorrow morning.








No comments: