Monday, April 2, 2012

reconnecting


This morning I thought I would try something new. We headed out to the Arboretum for a morning walk and lessons. I thought that being in nature would help us focus and get somethings done. Well, it did not exactly work out like I planned (I am getting used to that with my two younger equally strong willed children -lol) We did have a nice time though.

I had been feeling like we were being so rushed all the time going from one thing to the next. So I decided to take a break from a lot of our homeschool group activities and just remember to be together - to slow down and breath through our day. It is amazing how many opportunities there are for homeschoolers, it is easy to become over scheduled ! I am not saying these activities are not important too - we are just picking and choosing now which leaves us more time to get out and explore.

Learning to take turns and speak kindly to one another

climbing trees
breathing in the peace and quiet
lessons in a quiet spot -
and even a little craft project

I think we will try to have more mornings like these!

No comments: